Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum ! Check out the 2017 2.7L EcoBoost powered Sport here.

Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum - the largest forum discussion board for the Ford Fusion Sport. Like most online communities you must first register to create topics or post in our community. This is a simple and free process that only takes a minute.

Once you become a member, you'll be able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Key not turning ignition

key ingnition wheel not locked car in park key wont turn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kndrcp

kndrcp

• Fusion Sport Member
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 165
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

Here is a crazy issue.  I turned off my 2010 Ford Fusion and went to pull the key out.  There was just a slight bit of resistance, but it came out.  When I went to restart my car the key did would not turn.  However the car IS in park but the steering wheel Did NOT lock and is free to turn.  Before someone tells me to turn it a "lock it", I did, about three revolutions.  The wheel won't lock.  I searched and searched online for "any" cars with similar issues and came up with nothing that is same.  All issues involved the wheel being locked or not unlocking.  My key just won't turn.  It is like when I shut the car off and turned the key it didn't complete the "lock down" procedure.  Key does go in and out.  I tried "graphite".  I tried "banging on it".  I pulled out my hair!! What can I do?

#2 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

• PipPip
    • Member ID: 39
  • 51 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

Here is a crazy issue.  I turned off my 2010 Ford Fusion and went to pull the key out.  There was just a slight bit of resistance, but it came out.  When I went to restart my car the key did would not turn.  However the car IS in park but the steering wheel Did NOT lock and is free to turn.  Before someone tells me to turn it a "lock it", I did, about three revolutions.  The wheel won't lock.  I searched and searched online for "any" cars with similar issues and came up with nothing that is same.  All issues involved the wheel being locked or not unlocking.  My key just won't turn.  It is like when I shut the car off and turned the key it didn't complete the "lock down" procedure.  Key does go in and out.  I tried "graphite".  I tried "banging on it".  I pulled out my hair!! What can I do?

See if you can find others with this problem on the http://www.FordFusionForum.com

#3 OFFLINE   Max

Max

• Fusion Sport Member
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 19
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

i have the same problem. my friend told me to  looked at it and told me its either the starter or the switch board. Have not done it yet not sure how much it would cost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·