Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum ! Check out the 2017 2.7L EcoBoost powered Sport here.

Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum - the largest forum discussion board for the Ford Fusion Sport. Like most online communities you must first register to create topics or post in our community. This is a simple and free process that only takes a minute.

Once you become a member, you'll be able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

premature worn on front tires

tire wearing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   laspd

laspd

• Fusion Sport Member
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 262
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPalmdale
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusuin Sport 2017

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

Hi there,

I have a 2017 Fusion Sport with only 6400 miles. Great car, I highly recommend it. But, if you drive on a windy road...

I wanted to rotate the tires the other day when I noticed that the inner edge of both front tires are gone completely. I can see the secondary rubber. I thought, there must be something seriously wrong with the wheel alignment.

I took it to the dealer to have it checked.To my surprise,  they found the alignment within specs and I was told that since this is a 4-wheel drive car and I must be driving on a windy road, this kind of wear is expected.

So they didn't do anything and I need to get two new tires, $260 apiece, at every few thousand miles.

I have a really hard time believing this. I had other 4-wheel drive cars, like a BMW 328 and I also had a Ford Contour SVT. The tires on these cars have never lasted much over 10k but always the front outer edges were worn and never the inner.

This looked to me like either the camber or the toe or both were off.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Is it possible that Ford has built a great sporty car which consumes more rubber than gas or the dealer is BS-ing me because they don't want to pay for new tires?

Laszlo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·