Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum ! Check out the 2017 2.7L EcoBoost powered Sport here.

Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forum - the largest forum discussion board for the Ford Fusion Sport. Like most online communities you must first register to create topics or post in our community. This is a simple and free process that only takes a minute.

Once you become a member, you'll be able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sport has rougher ride than 2.0?

supension

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lskarha

lskarha

• Fusion Sport Member
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 84
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSE Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fursion SEL

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

My wife and I test drove a 2017 Titanium 2.0 AWD (19 wheels) and a new Sport. She said the Sport had a rougher ride (bumps were more pronounced) and preferred the 2.0 Titanium. The Sport was in normal mode for the test drive. I knew better than to put it in sport with her in the car. Has anyone else found this to be the case? The handling was much better on the sport. We take long trips and I am thinking the 2.0 would be more comfortable than the Sport. Can anyone comment on the ride?

I’ll be trading in my 2012 Fusion SEL.

-Lee

#2 OFFLINE   FusionST01

FusionST01

• Fusion Sport Member
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 71
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion Sport

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

This answer is very late, so it's FYI.
I just traded a 2015 Fusion Titanium for a 2017 Fusion Sport. Both came with all-season tires (although different ones, Conti vs. Goodyear, respectively). I've found the ride almost identical, Placing the Sport into sport mode makes only a very small difference in ride, often subtle. Sport mode is not very sporting, it should probably be the default. I also ran the 2015 Titanium on summer-only tires for a while, and that made the ride significantly different - although of course the object was handling so that improved considerably.
So it all depends on what you want. The 2 liter turbo has pretty good power, including passing power. It also has considerably better mileage than the sport. And the seats between the two are structurally identical.

-J

2013 Boss 302 (obsolete, former track vehicle)

2015 Fusion Titanium (street car)

2015 Focus ST (awaiting replacement by RS)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·